Maintaining a Sustained Competitive Advantage

"History has watched the crux of competitive wins and the competitive value differential change from price to quality to service and now "Workforce Performance Capability Levels". – Julie White, Ph.D.

Creating a "Sustainable Competitive Advantage"

The sole course for consistently maintaining sustained overachievement and competing on a competitive must-win mentality centers on becoming a "customer centric organization"– always maximizing the customer experience at every touch point and the business and financial value teams and their team members bring to the customer every day.

A customer centric organization that continually maximizes customer value and overachievement results has two unique operating components within its sphere of influence:

  • High Performance CultureTM that is corner stoned by an overachievement performance capable workforce supply chain - 80% A+B performers. These A+B performers include all levels of management and their team members.
  • The removal of all waste by these extremely performance capable associates in every process that is being used by the workforce supply chain (all managers and their team members) – the result is significant improvements in productivity

Moreover, a critical fact to remember in this peak performance equation is every workforce supply chain is only as strong as its weakest link.

Since every team's performance and results orientation is tied to the "80/20 Performance Rule" (20% of the workforce are A+B producers and the other 80% are average (C), below average (C-) and poor (D) performers) - then logic would say there are too many weak links within a company's workforce supply chain that negatively affect business outcomes.

These weak links severely limit an organization and its team's performance capability to maximize the business and financial value that is required every day by their customers. Thus, the weak links are also diminishing their mandated competitive stance while reducing overall gross margins and monthly revenue/profit streams.

This data is evidenced by customer satisfaction scores, the lack of execution alignment, the day to day issues that suppress productivity and equally important the many poor performance behaviors that occur and are displayed daily by these weak Human Capital links.

The only way to change this unfortunate and accepted performance state is to pivot an organization and its team's to a High Performance CultureTM - a High Performance CultureTMis synonymous with sustained monthly overachievement, high morale, more promotable team members and monthly award winning levels in customer satisfaction scores.

Significantly improving and maintaining high workforce performance capability levels becomes the new normal and is in sync with the required customer centric paradigm.

This new path will transition you from the 80/20 Rule (20% A+B performers) to the 20/80 PrincipleTM where 80% of all your workforce supply chain become A+B performers.

Think about the increased financial and business impact 80% A+B performers will have on your organization and the financial impact it will have on your operations and your customers.

For example, there will be significant improvements in the following:

  • Consistent overachievement of your monthly revenue plans and business objectives
  • Quarterly increases in market share
  • Ability to eliminate every poor performance behavior within your daily workforce production that chokes productivity and daily results
  • Transformation of customer satisfaction into daily epic customer experiences at every touch point
  • The closure of the gap of what is expected and what is delivered

Simply, A+B performers' nature is to consistently excel while mitigating and then eliminating waste.

Pinnacle's patented technology enables our customers in a science based framework to create and maintain a High Performance Culture.

The result is a customer centric" organization – This performance state ensures daily, weekly and monthly overachievment of every customer and performance expectation.

Next Back

Back to Workforce Supply Chain

Ahead to Lean (Six Sigma) Thinking

You will finally have the blueprint to transition all of your managers into accomplished leaders.